Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 65 in a Year of my Life

So ... I'm thinkin' ... since it's New Year's Eve ... and since I'll be out tonight ... I should update my post right now ... just in case it's too late when I return home, or I'm too drunk!

The latter is highly unlikely.

My New Year's resolution is to become a little fitter and healthier in 2013 - so beginning the year with a hangover would definitely NOT be the way to a successful start.

So to wrap up a pretty good year.  Some of the things that I can look back on with a smile ...

  • Started the facebook group '104 Things to Photograph in 404 Days' and in the process found a wonderful group of people with whom I can have a laugh every day.
  • Adoring Husband gave me a fabulous Valentines Day that I will never forget.
  • Experienced an amazing photography road trip with my BFF that I am still enjoying as I wade through the photos almost every day.
  • Our Granddaughter Evie was born.
  • Reconnecting with my brother after a long, long time.
  • Two whale watching trips that I shared with some special people in my life.
  • My first Photography Exhibition, which was a huge success and put the biggest smile on my face for weeks afterwards!
  • An incredible holiday with Adoring Husband in the new campervan that was so relaxing and fun, with little planning and lots of spontaneity and everything that I hoped it would be.
  • A three day Chicklet feast that was so exhausting and so exhilarating at the same time!
These are just a few memories off the top of my head.  There were some sad moments as well, but I won't dwell on them.

All in all, it's been a great year and I hope that 2013 will have more fun and laughter and happiness and by the end of it, a stronger, healthier and fitter me.

To all of my friends and family who read this ... thanks for caring, and being interested enough to read this self indulgent blog of mine.  You are what I am grateful for, today.

I hope that 2013 is all that you hope for, and brings you overwhelming positive energy,  the strength and willpower to follow through with your plans (whatever they may be), problem-free health so that you can be all that you want to be, and of course, love ... love from all who are important to you.

I'll see you next year!

Nite all.  

No comments: